This role is for an experienced, dynamic and driven web developer to bring his/her knowledge and experience to help us maintain and develop internally developed retail solutions. There will be opportunities to work on different technologies and to expand skills and knowledge. Experience in the convenience, point of sale or retail back office or head office environments is a benefit.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing software company with strong ambitions and to bring your own skills and ideas to the team. We are looking for eager, self-motivated individuals who thrive on learning and problem solving, who are up for a challenge and want to make a difference.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Deliver high quality functional software within agreed timescales.
- Collaborate with a team to prepare designs, estimates and functional specifications.
- Maintain quality through code and document reviews.
- Participate in Agile based meetings to ensure iterations are well defined, planned and delivered.
- Investigate software/system faults and devise solutions to these problems.
- Review team & iteration performance to identify improvements to future deliveries.
- Take responsibility for own learning and ensure rapid uptake of familiarity with the system
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and develop changes • Maintain accurate documentation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience implementing exceptional User Experience whilst providing input on design of User Interfaces
- Experience in working with RESTful Web APIs, JSON and XML
- Must have good experience working with C# using SOLID principles or a good understanding of how to apply them
- Writing unit tests in Jasmine, Karma, Specflow, Selenium, xUnit
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERRED
- Experience with Linux environment, AWS, Serverless (AWS Lambda) and Docker
- SQL and DBMS preferred
- SASS / LESS
- Knowledge on Accessibility (WCAG)