We have a great opportunity for the ideal candidate to join a global freight forwarder and logistics company, in Greater London as a Warehouse Operations Driver.
- The preparation of specialist packaging and temperature sensitive consignments. This will require working in fridge/freezers at temperature of up to minus 26 degrees celsius.
- General warehouse duties to include the cleaning and refurbishment of specialist packaging, storage of said packaging in the allocated slots as well as assisting warehouse where required.
- Preparing supplies and stock for other offices/countries.
- Monitoring of the gel pack stock and stock rotation within the fridge, freezers and ambient areas to ensure optimum levels.
- The updating and monitoring of our in house computer system World-Star.
- Monitoring emails and notes.
- Downloading of temporary monitor data for analysis and distribution to other offices and clients.
- Liaising with other departments to arrange delivery schedules.
- Communicating relevant information appropriate to the consignment.
- Driving which on occasions may require long distances and overnight stops.
- Assisting the weekend controller in the preparation for Monday morning operations including; building all supplies required and all preparation paperwork.
- Ensuring that both the office and warehouse are clean and tidy ready for operations.
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to follow procedures & instructions.
- Able to provide relevant information on request.
- Good communication skills – verbally & written.
- Possession of a valid driving license for the class of vehicle to be driven.
- Airport security qualification.
Personal Attributes and Disposition
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Self motivated.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Flexible approach with regards to working shifts and last minute coverage.
- High attention to detail.
- Uses own initiative.
- Able to prioritise workload.
- Friendly and polite.
- Dependable, reliable and trustworthy.