Main duties of role
- Receiving all perishable and non perishable food items, unloading of goods with the forklift
- Completing goods in procedural paperwork to company standards
- Allocating goods to the correct storage place including chillers and freezers
- Issuing of ingredients from frozen storage
- Manual handling of heavy items onto shelves pallets etc
- Report variances to company standard of food and packaging items
- Keep goods correctly stock rotated to ensure the oldest product is used first
- Entering received quantities into company spreadsheets
- Replenishing packaging requirements to the production dept
- Keeping the housekeeping of storage areas up to company standards
- Telephones suppliers with queries, product quality issues, etc in the purchasing managers absence
- Collates production order requirements from the production staff and places orders via the company system in the purchasing manager’s absence.
- Assists the Despatch department with operational requirements if the need arises
Main purpose of job is to receive goods from suppliers, ensuring all incoming paperwork is filled in correctly and raise corrective actions in the event of receiving out of specification products to the purchasing manager
Maintain correct storage and stock rotation of products. In addition entering stock data into company system and placing supplier orders if required.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 7am-4pm
Please note this is a physically demanding role, including lifting of heavy items.
- Fork lift experience essential
- Pc skills essential