Main purpose of role:
To lead and manage teams of operatives within a specific area, to undertake overall supervision of the different elements of the contract and be accountable for the effective delivery of cleansing services.
To promote service development and encourage innovation through efficiencies and continues improvements.
To ensure the requirements of the contract specifications and standards are delivered by supporting the Contract Manager/Assistant Contract Manager in all aspects of contract management following operational requirements, company procedures and legal obligations.
- Assign Operatives their daily duties and inspect work for compliance to contractual standards and contractual requirements
- To be accountable for the completion of daily site inspections at all sites within area of responsibility, to monitor quality standards providing feedback to Senior Contract Manager/Contract Manager/Assistant Contract Manager on issues/results as agreed.
- Ensure all sites within area of responsibility are allocated sufficient resources, machinery and equipment to deliver services to the required standard or make alternative arrangements as appropriate.
- To work effectively as a team with other area supervisors and the Assistant Contract Manager to ensure optimum levels of service, quality and productivity are achieved consistently at all times.
- To be responsible for managing and supervising teams and individuals, carrying out appraisals using the conduct and capability policies and procedures, manage sickness absence and completing return to work forms as appropriate.
- Ensure cleaning teams consistently offer excellent levels of Customer Service to all residents by taking the lead and setting an example for them to follow.
- Investigate all complaints and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure all Cleaning Operatives are provided with and wear all relevant personal protective equipment to enable them to carry out their duties in a safe and healthy manner and avoid harm or injury to any other person or themselves.
- Ensure employees are supplied with company uniform and appropriate identification on joining and thereafter, make sure that high standards of presentation and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- Carry out inspections of all vehicles and equipment to check for serviceability and cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the vehicle and that any defects found are reported to the Assistant Contract Manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Conduct in-service training .i.e. tool box talks to explain work procedures and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all equipment is stored within company guidelines and that full attention is paid to all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Provide cover and perform cleaning duties as required.
Supervisory experience preferably in the cleansing industry
Experience of working to high standards and managing performance
Experience of handling difficult and potential confrontational situations
Ability to organise and plan workloads
Good understanding of managing individual, team and contract performance
Good knowledge of Richmond geographical area will be an advantage
Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices
Understanding of contract and client standards
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to work on own initiative and effectively manage teams
- Ability to organise and plan work
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Good written skills e.g. completion of all paperwork
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills e.g. Leading and managing performance of teams
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent customer care skills/service delivery focussed
- Ability to train others
- Safe driving
- Flexible, can do attitude – good at making things work and get the job done
- Honest and reliable
- Full UK Driving License