Solsbury Solutions is delighted to be working with a well-established employer in the Eastleigh area. This business is an established company within the fuel forecourt market across the UK and Europe. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing software company with strong ambitions.
Our client are looking to recruit a Software Developer to be responsible for estimating, designing and developing high quality functional software solutions.
Key role and responsibilities for this role:
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable C# and T-SQL code
- Deliver high quality functional software within agreed timescales
- Collaborate with a team to prepare designs, estimates and functional specifications
- Maintain quality through code and document reviews
- Participate in Agile based meetings to ensure iterations are well defined, planned and delivered
- Investigate software/system faults and devise solutions to these problems
- Review team and iteration performance to identify improvements to future deliveries
Essential knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Strong analytic skills and logical approach to problem solving
- Commercial experience developing with C#, T-SQL, MVC and ASP.NET
- Strong C# capabilities with experience using the .NET framework
- Solid T-SQL skills including experience of creating and amending stored procedures working with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience creating/maintaining websites on Internet Information Services
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment, and be a highly organised individual with the ability to multi-task and have a high attention to detail
- Working knowledge of design patterns and Object Orientated Design
- Strong knowledge of refactoring, including improving the design of existing code
- An interest in programming best practices
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and be autonomous and proactive in solving problems
- Clear and concise documentation skills
- Experience developing RESTful WebAPIs
- Understanding of the Agile software development lifecycle and working knowledge of SCRUM
- Full development life cycle experience
- Experience in large, complex system implementation projects
- Knowledge of performing test driven development
- Experience with CI tools such as TeamCity
Salary - up to £35,000 (depending on experience)
The role is a full-time, 37.5 hours per week position (flexible working hours available)
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for the role.
If you would like to find out more about this position, please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now' and we will be in touch!
Solsbury Solutions is an equal opportunities employer