Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, you will work as part of a team to resolve reactive Service Desk tickets.
Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, you will be working across a variety of systems and applications, both on premise, in our own cloud environment and within public cloud systems.
This varied role is ideally suited to a IT professional with a passion for technology and the drive to continually improve their own knowledge and obtain additional technical accreditations on a regular basis and gain exposure to a large variety of IT Technologies.
You will enjoy communicating with clients, have a keen eye for detail and take pride in consistently delivering excellent customer service.A determined and resourceful individual, you will enjoy problem solving and be able to think on your feet and find a solution, even when dealing with unfamiliar technologies. You will enjoy taking responsibility and be keen to share your technical knowledge.
Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to work out of hours on occasion, so a flexible and can-do approach is vital.
At QuoStar we are committed to your development and will work with you to build a learning plan and clear objectives. This is a fantastic opportunity for a responsible and driven individual who is looking to gain experience with a wide variety of IT systems and take the next step in their career.
- Communicate with clients, end users and 3rd parties via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools to resolve Incidents, service requests and provide regular updates.
- Work as a team with other members of the Service Desk team to resolve client issues and take full ownership of Service Desk tickets that are assigned to you with the option to escalate if required.
- Identify and communicate to the relevant QuoStar teams, any recurring incident that requires problem management.
- Attend client sites when required: to arrive at the start of your working day. This may require you to travel during your own time.
- On occasion work outside of your normal hours at short notice to resolve client Incidents.
- Undertake pre-arranged out of hours work for QuoStar and client systems.
- Partake in an out of hours emergency support rota/be available out of hours.
- Utilise QuoStar's internal Service Desk systems and any other tools required to complete your role.
- Assist with client and internal project work if required.
- Undertake any training required by QuoStar.
- Complete full documentation of client and internal systems to the required standard.
- Follow policies and procedures to comply with QuoStar's ISO20000 and ISO27001 accreditation.
- Management of your own time and resolution of Service Requests within SLA.
- Complete additional research when required when faced with unfamiliar technologies to resolve client issues in a timely manner.
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do.
- Desire to learn and improve your technical knowledge of QuoStar’s catalogue of preferred technical solutions.
- Any other duties required.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a 2nd line technical support role within an MSP environment, providing support to end users and their line of business applications.
- Support and administration of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems:
- o Server 2008- Server 2016.
- Support and administration of Microsoft Windows client operating systems:
- o Windows 8.1 – Windows 10.
- Microsoft Exchange support and administration.
- o Exchange 2010 – Exchange 2016.
- Active Directory support and administration.
- Office 365 administration and support.
- Support and maintenance of enterprise grade backup solutions:
- o Cloud and on premise.
- Support and maintenance of networking solutions:
- o WAN, LAN and WLAN.
- Experience of working remotely and from site.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of network print solutions.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Smart appearance.
- Attention to detail.
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills.
- Full Driving license and own car.
- Experience of working with Mimecast would be an advantage.
- Microsoft Azure experience would be an advantage.
- Experience using PowerShell would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of the ITIL framework.
- Experience of supporting macOS.
- 9 GCSE’s (A-C Grade) or equivalent.
- 3 A Levels (A-C Grade) or equivalent.
- Educated up to Degree level (IT Related).
- Must hold at least one Valid Microsoft MCP certification or Cisco exam pass.
- We are a fun, professional and fast-growing company with an excellent reputation.
- We are extremely focused on personal development and provide regular training as well as paying any study materials and exams.
- We support each other and provide a modern, comfortable work environment which sets us apart.
- 40 hours per week with occasional overtime (½ hour lunch break)
- Up to £25K plus benefits and on-call allowance.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company laptop
- Training and development
- Free drinks, fruit and breakfast cereal
- Fun working environment including VR, arcade machines and pool table
- A range of social events
- Great South Coast location - 10 minutes from the beach
- Free eye tests
- Childcare vouchers
- A wide range of other benefits such as free phone insurance, travel and restaurant discounts, half price cinema tickets, plus more