Role Function and Purpose:
We are looking for a Sales/Office Manager to join our clients' sales team on a full time, permanent basis based in East London. In this office based role you will find your feet and get to know their customers and the business as a whole. You will be expected to go above and beyond to ensure the smooth operation of the sales business whilst also being a role model to the account management team. You will oversee the management of a portfolio including new and existing business from start to finish whilst providing excellent customer service and identifying new ways to grow the business. The role involves a lot of multitasking and the ability to work on different functions at the same time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership Function – Be a role model for the account management team
- Promote a positive working environment and ensure the smooth running of operations.
- Be an inspirational leader with fresh ideas for continued improvement.
- Strong management skills and staff organisation.
- Daily management of a team of four Account Managers,
- Provide training for colleagues and monitor that all procedures are being followed.
- Think ‘creatively to resolve issues and suggest improvements within the business.
- Coordinate and complete assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Carry out staff appraisals and track performance progress.
- Deal with internal/disciplinary issues quickly and effectively in line with company procedure to minimise the impact on other team members and other parts of the business.
- Complete daily meetings to discuss goals and tasks.
- Team management, motivation and coaching.
- Lead discussions and ideas on promotions.
- To coordinate required functional activities and actions to improve performance, customer response and team efficiency.
Account Management Function – Provide a seamless service to all customers
- Engage and communicate with all customers via incoming phone calls, showroom visits and e-mail enquiries/orders.
- Written and verbal communication, including presentation of products and services.
- Maintain and build relationships with clients to understand their needs and secure future business.
- Effectively multi-task and prioritise highly demanding daily responsibilities.
- Adhere to the systems and processes to ensure a consistent work flow.
- Delegate work to staff and manage their workload and output.
- Monitor calls to improve quality, minimise errors and track operative performance.
- Sole responsibility for all credits/discounts raised and reporting weekly on these to the Managing Director, including other costs to the company i.e taxi charges for orders.
- Offer internal support where necessary in relation to damages, losses and extra hire charges.
- Preferably 3+ years in managerial role
- 5+ years in an account management/sales executive or customer service related role
- Experience in order processing would be desirable
- IT literate