Established in 1881, our client manufacture and supply high quality grilles and decorative metalwork to architects, interior designers, the construction industries and private clients.
A Receptionist/Sales Administrator is required to be the first point of telephone and face-to-face contact for our clients and visitors and you will be providing administrative support to the office and workshop.
Reception and Admin
- Handling all incoming calls, including occasional “challenging” clients + subcontractors
- Forwarding to the correct team member or taking concise messages if they are busy
- Dealing with basic queries and questions about our products and services
- Dealing with basic subcontractor queries
- Opening post, processing and distributing
- Updating clients as/when there are issues with their order
- Entering and initiating new website and email orders at the start of the production process
- Entering new jobs into our Job Tracking System, ensuring all tasks and milestones are assigned to the correct people/subcontractors
- Monitoring own tasks in the Job Tracking system and completing in a timely manner
- Obtaining quotations from suppliers and subcontractors for basic materials, services and components. Chasing them for responses.
- Producing quotes for our standard/simple products using our website, in house pricing structure or subcontractor quotes
- Responsible for standard and bespoke samples, from quoting through to dispatch
- Keep track of external metalwork enquiries sent to subcontractors
- Chasing Client responses to our quotes
- Gathering supplier stock prices for speedier quoting by our estimators
- Performing pre-dispatch checks (Invoices settled and chasing payment if not)
- Dispatching jobs to customers and sub-contractors, using various online shipping brokers
- Issuing dispatch/tracking information to Clients
- Dealing with any issues/queries from customers, couriers, suppliers
- Handling any non-delivery and subsequent insurance claims
- Ensuring courier jobs/payments recorded correctly in our bookkeeping system
- Organising material and component deliveries/ collections to/from suppliers and subcontractors
- Chasing supplier deliveries, whilst maintaining a good relationship
- Gathering weekly workshop/office orders
- Online price comparisons and purchasing of urgent materials
- Ensuring sufficient stock levels of standard samples
- Assisting the production and estimating manager
- Fire Alarm and Emergency Lighting checks
- Helping with the Fire evacuation
- Purchasing supplies for recycling and rubbish collection
- Organising scrap metal collections
- Raising Pro Forma Invoices and Credit Notes
- Issuing VAT invoices post-dispatch
- Assisting the Production & Estimating Manager and the Junior Estimator with purchases or payments, ensuring that VAT receipts are requested, and payments are added to the bookkeeping system
- Raising Purchase Orders for our Subcontractors
- Checking the bank for monies in, take payments over the phone and record both in the bookkeeping system
- Matching Supplier Invoices with Delivery Notes and sending to our Accounts Department for payment, ensuring any Purchase Order discrepancies have been resolved
- Updating own Job Guides following new instruction or procedure change
- Assisting Directors with maintenance of adjacent flats
- Processing trade account applications
- Update in-house lists when asked to by any of our colleagues e.g. – brass fabricators list
- Answering Management queries and RFIs
- Fast-paced, small and friendly
- Varied with lots to learn
- Great telephone manner
- Organised with a preference for a clear and tidy workspace
- Ability to juggle many things at once and to follow procedures from start to finish.
- Does not need supervising
- Thorough and accurate
- Can cope with interruptions and adapting to circumstances.
- Dealing with Clients, both pleased and pushy.
- Strong Microsoft skills, Office 365 a bonus. We use Excel, Word, OneDrive and SharePoint
- Working in a manufacturing background a must
- Any bookkeeping understanding or experience would be a bonus
- Full training will be provided.
- Hours: Monday – Thursday: 8.30am – 5.00pm, Friday: 8.00am – 4.30pm
- Holiday entitlement: Statutory, includes a two-week shutdown over Xmas + New Year
- Role Type/Length: 1 year (maternity cover), with the possibility of a permanent role
- Anticipated Start Date: Beginning of July
- Salary: from £25k
For more information please contact Shammi on 02089823580 or send us your CV now.
Solsbury Solutions are an equal opportunities employer working on behalf of our clients.