The key responsibilities for the role will be:
- To lead on food safety, quality and hygiene, implementing changes where necessary to comply with customers’ and government regulations.
- Issue and maintain customers’ specifications, labels, and other documentation and ensure it is adhered to. Maintain specifications of all finished product standards.
- Respond to customer complaints, liaising with Senior Managers as necessary.
Lead the QA team, ensuring the product is checked online on a routine basis, recording customer specific information as required.
- Work with new product development and production teams to ensure that methods and working practises for new products and product changes comply with relevant food safety requirements.
- Ensure packaging, label and product nutrition information is accurate. Maintain shelf life trials to ensure best before dates are correct.
- Work with purchasing to ensure all suppliers complete a paper audit before supply. Inspect high risk ingredients’ suppliers and temporary labour and laundry suppliers before being given approval to purchase.
- Ensure Company meets its legal requirements for environmental health issues including pest control, temporary agency compliance and QA manual compliance
- Works with export agencies in international shipment compliance and documentation
- Confident handling of customers own representative requirements
- Overseas and maintains standards from Contract Cleaning company
- Production laboratory sample organisation and analysis and implementing corrective actions
- Food Science Graduate or equivalent qualifications is advantageous
- Must have experience of and a good technical knowledge of a range food safety requirements
- Excellent leadership skills with the confidence to use their authority to ensure full compliance by factory personnel of all relevant food safety and technical requirements
- Proven organisational skills
- Diplomatic firm nature
- Experience in similar role is necessary
- In house training will be provided.
For more information please contact Carlene on 0208 982 3580 or send us your CV now.
Solsbury Solutions are an equal opportunities employer working on behalf of our clients.