The Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor is responsible for maintaining an efficient and effective quality assurance programme, to ensure that all quality and regulatory requirements are met, to produce safe, high quality products for our consumers.
- Oversee the quality of all aspects in the food production process, including ensuring products are being produced and packed within specification and that the intake checks on raw material are within specification.
- Liaise with factory management to implement and maintain food safety and hygiene systems to ensure that good manufacturing practises are adhered to.
- Ensure that products comply with customer specifications.
- Implement processes to ensure that staff hygiene and factory rules are being adhered to.
- Work with the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) team to ensure product quality and safety.
- Investigate customer complaints ensuring corrective action is taken to rectify them.
- Oversee and support the professional and personal development of individuals in the Quality Assurance team.
- Take on specific additional projects, as and when required, as requested by the Technical Factory Manager, a member of the technical team or a senior manager.
- Carry out all duties as required to fulfil the functions of the role.
Hour of work: 40 HOURS shift – 5/7 days
The role is within an extremely fast paced environment. Applicants must have the ability to manage a busy and demanding workload, have strong organisational skills, be able to prioritise, have exceptional attention to detail and be able to remain calm under pressure. They must also be proficient in English with a good litearacy and numeracy skills.
Applicants must have previous experience working in a technical position and within the food industry. Ideally, they will have a good understanding of HACCP, BRC and retail audit requirements.