We are looking for a Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager to join our client, based in Chandlers Ford. You will be responsible for leading the Purchasing & Supply Chain function including the strategic and day-to-day management of all planning of procurement and supply chain processes. Leading a small team of people, ensuring SHEQ compliance in all activities, including inventory control, logistics and distribution. You will need to ensure effective and efficient use of resource and robust processes to help maximise sales and production, avoid costly delays and lost opportunities and support future business growth. This role is a key leadership position in the business. For this position you will need a full driving licence and valid passport as the need to travel will be essential to the role and on occasions this travel will involve overnight stays. To be successful in this role you will need to have experience from a technical background, this could be construction, automotive or a manufacturing environment. This job is fast paced so you will need to evolve and adapt to carry out this role to a high standard.
- To develop and implement key strategies ensuring critical processes are run effectively and by doing so achieve organisational goals and improve performance KPI’s.
- Responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain routines and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardising quality and service delivery.
- Working closely with stores, manufacturing, and dispatch functions to drive efficiency across all movements, handling and storage of products
- Analyse data monitoring and analytics to evaluate past performance and trends to forecast inventory and distribution requirements.
- Directs overall supply chain operations, including purchasing, inventory, selection of vendors, and distribution of finished goods.
- CIPS or equivalent Supply Chain Qualification.
- Educated to degree level standard or beyond
- Have demonstrable experience of developing, implementing and reporting on performance metrics to assess productivity and efficiency and track progress against objectives.
- It’s vital that you’re comfortable working in a fast-paced, sometimes high-pressured environment as you will be prioritising requirements and balancing multiple workstreams to get things done, whilst also working with several different internal/external clients and suppliers in parallel; ensuring smooth efficiency and strong output is achieved.
- Strong understanding of all legal and regulatory requirements to ensure vendor compliance and uphold high levels of quality and safety adhering to all safety legislation, ensuring staff are kept safe.
- Demonstrated previous experience within a Supply Chain or Procurement leadership function within a complex manufacturing or distribution environment
Solsbury Ltd are an employment business working on behalf of our clients.