The successful applicant must be an enthusiastic all-rounder possessing and able to demonstrate computer literacy in all MS Office applications, including e-mail clients and web browsers.
Candidates will also need to demonstrate an excellent telephone manner to be part of a small team in a busy office environment where customer service experience would be an advantage, as would a basic geographical knowledge.
We require someone with a ‘can do, flexible’ attitude and a team-worker with a mature outlook and a natural understanding for attention to detail is essential in this demanding and varied role.
Comprehensive training will be given in all aspects. Working hours are 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- To understand and assist in operational procedures relating to routing and costing of all daily shipments, import, export and domestic traffic.
- Fully understand export documentation and assist customers to comply with current customs regulations
- To use dedicated software to create routing instructions and liaise with warehouse staff relating to routing matters
- To accurately calculate quotations and respond to customer demands by e-mail and telephone
- Direct contact with customers via telephone offering a complete personal customer service role.
- Direct contact with suppliers via telephone and e-mail, to expedite and investigate consignments shipped worldwide.
- Data Input
- Maintaining computer records