Due to growth, there is a vacancy for a Mobile App Developer - Android.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will not be based in the office. Therefore, this is a nationwide position.
The highly skilled cross-functional team create client-focused solutions and support a roadmap driven by client and market needs. The broader team manages and supports all technology and business application requirements. The Information Technology team is driven to provide excellent solutions to problems, is excited by technology and hungry to learn about and embrace new concepts.
The Mobile Application Developer is responsible for the creation of high-quality, industry leading Mobile Applications for clients. Constantly seeking to learn and improve they actively research, develop and recommend practices, platforms, features and best practice.
Joining this cross-functional team will enable you to work closely with your iOS counterparts along with full stack and QA engineers and in order to work collaboratively on the platform.
- Building state of the art mobile apps for a rapidly growing user base.
- Maintain and enhance mobile applications by addressing bugs and introducing new features
- Strong focus on technical quality standards.
- Demonstrate new features to colleagues prior to release.
- Contribute throughout the software development life cycle.
- Thorough understanding of modern development practices such as test automation, Cloud centric apps, CI/CD and DevOps.
- Diligent and self-motivated part of a small mobile development team.
- Experienced in working with a strong backend development team to deliver functionality.
- Interacting with UI / UX designers to achieve an aspirational UX which is suitable for our clients.
- Participating in pull requests and code reviews.
- Regularly assessing and improving anything that affects you, your team or the company.
- Proactively research development practices, products and mobile devices to recommend, research and develop valuable features
- Successful delivery of at least 3 applications on Android OS (mobile and/or tablet).
- Full understanding of the Software Delivery Lifecycle.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding and experience of working with the Android SDK, Kotlin and Android Studio.
- Understanding of at least one other programming language (Nice to have).
- Strong understanding of secure coding practices.
- Able to contribute to the design of REST APIs.
- Mastery of object-oriented programming paradigms – You should be familiar with SOLID and GRASP principles and know that the Hollywood Principle is not screening at the cinema anytime soon.
- Understanding of design patterns and the principles of software architecture.
- Versed in version control and Agile Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools - Ideally Git and Azure DevOps.
- Experience of working with Fabric (Answers, Crashlytics, Twitter), Google Analytics, Firebase, Google SDK, Localisations and Push Notifications.
- Experienced in test automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Understanding of Human Interface Guidelines.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and confident when dealing with colleagues and customers.
- Experience of working as part of small development team.
- Experience of working with remote/offshore developers and testers.
- You should be a lifelong learner who is passionate about technology.
- You should possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with at least one Agile methodology - preferably Scrum.
Salary - £50,000 per year.
Solsbury Solutions Ltd are an established recruitment business working on behalf of their clients