Solsbury Solutions are working with a global leader for the supply of customer shopping trolleys, shop fitting solutions, logistics and industry products. We are recruiting for a Field Service Engineer.
Key role and responsibilities for this role:
- You will be required to assist in the timely and effective completion of all reasonable requests made by the Service Office or your Area Supervisor / Line Manager.
- You will be required to undertake a comprehensive repair and maintenance service to mechanical/retail equipment at various locations throughout the UK. You will be requested to fit/strip retail equipment components, straighten and weld to the required standard and carry out general maintenance duties at various sites of work. You may also be required to carry out special assembly works on a variety of products within our service sector and carry out reactive maintenance whilst testing on electro-mechanical equipment.
- You will complete end of job reports, time sheets and any other documentation required whilst ensuring that you provide timely and accurate information on work activities.
- You will monitor and evaluate the service to customers whilst highlighting any gaps in service/standards and/or issues and taking appropriate action to resolve them, involving escalation to your Manager if needed.
- You will utilise the Company’s Service Management system and follow the guidelines to complete the daily records fully. This includes mandatory daily vehicle checks which you will complete fully and factually on all working days before departing from your overnight location. You will highlight to your Line Manager any requirement for refresher training on the Service Management system. You will also ensure that you record all parts usage within the Service Management system.
- You will be responsible for your own health & safety and the safety of all others working with you and members of staff, public and customers in your working vicinity; you must therefore ensure you abide by the provisions of all associated safe working procedures for the repairs, maintenance and inspections you carry out. It is the responsibility of the employee’s Line Manager to ensure all staff are trained and competent, but it also the responsibility of the employee to raise all concerns relating to training to their line Manager. You will follow safe systems of work set out by the company in all instances and follow the company protocol for reporting accidents, near misses or store specific issues.
- You will be aware and comply fully with the Company Vehicle Information policy and report any incidents, accidents, theft, damage or faults as per policy to the Fleet Department and the appropriate forms are completed as per the policy.
- You will be aware of the Company Policy relating to provision of working equipment and ensure any damage to equipment is reported and any lost equipment is reported immediately.
- You will attend all relevant training sessions that are deemed necessary by the group subject to reasonable notice.
- You will also be required to offer full assistance to the Company when possible in the achievement of any reasonable requests.
The minimum requirements for this role are;
- Residing in the Midlands.
- Must have good electrical and mechanical fault finding ability coupled with maintenance skills with suitable qualifications.
- Must have experience with 415V and hydraulics.
- Ideally suited to individuals from a heavy engineering background as much of the work will involve troubleshooting and repairing Dock Levellers, Scissor Lifts, Cardboard Balers and Industrial Compactors
Salary - £11 to £13 per hour depending on experience.
The role is full-time and is a permanent position. Applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for the role.
If you would like to find out more about this position, please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now' and we will be in touch!
Solsbury Solutions is an equal opportunities employer.