Solsbury Solutions are delighted to be working with a global mail and parcel services company based in Chandlers Ford.
A Machine Operator is required to join the team on a full time basis.
Key responsibilities for this role:
- To operate with a thorough understanding, mailing and other machinery as per company and manufacturers guidelines.
- To complete and record weekly health and safety maintenance checks on all machines.
- To understand the general maintenance requirements for each machine.
- To understand the set up of jobs as per the job specification sheet.
- Understand the process to monitor consumables and request stock via the administrator as necessary.
- Carry out any reasonable activity regarding mailings as directed by the Production Supervisor.
- To ensure that the working area is clean, tidy and free from trip hazards.
- To notify your line manager if you are aware of anything unsafe.
- You may also be requested to help out in other areas of the business as and when required.
- Provide any financial information that may be required on time, accurate and to the agreed format.
- Any opportunity or lead to increase sales and revenue to be passed to the commercial team to follow up.
- Comply fully with the company’s equal opportunities policy and proactively promote equality of opportunity within the workplace.
- Bring any instances of actual or perceived discrimination, harassment or bullying to the attention of your Line Manager and HR to ensure it's dealt with appropriately.
- Ensure that the working environment is free from discrimination.
- Manage time effectively to complete workload and meet deadlines.
- Plan, schedule and evaluate own work.
- Create, maintain and promote good working relationships.
Due to the changing nature of the client's business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within the capabilities as directed by management.
The role is a full-time position.
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for the role.
If you would like to find out more about this position, please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now' and we will be in touch!
Solsbury Solutions is an equal opportunities employer.