The role involves the use of light goods vehicles to transport time critical, and often temperature controlled goods, carefully, safely and in a timely manner, in compliance with the company’s operating procedures.
As well as driving the goods to and from the required locations, duties include:
- Completing appropriate daily and weekly maintenance checks of your allocated vehicle and reporting any maintenance requirements.
- Loading and unloading and ensuring that this is done safely and correctly.
- Checking documentation is correct and retaining it with the consignment or processing it as appropriate
- Communicating effectively with internal and external customers.
- Plan the collection/delivery route.
- The successful applicant will have:
- A full UK driving licence
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience of maintaining accurate documentation
- A flexible attitude to work
- Previous experience with temperature control deliveries.
- Friday – Monday between 07.00 – 22.00, working 10 hours shifts each day on a rotational basis.