Legal Secretary / Assistant to a Senior Fee Earner
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Fee Earner with their case load and office duties to ensure the smooth running of the firm.
To communicate professionally and effective with clients, third parties and other staff particularly on the telephone. This position is an important role in the level of the client care we offer and is based at the Southampton office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Making up files and drafting client care letters and terms of business, ensuring compliance with SRA codes as well as, CQA, dealing with clients, brokers and refers over the telephone and in person
- Dealing with confidential information with the utmost respect and integrity as well as insurance security
- Completing legal administrative tasks with minimal supervision
- Audio and copy typing
- Familiarity with conveyancing terminology, land registry portal SDLT online, search providers and mapping indemnity providers etc
- Familiarity with the court system
- Closing and archiving files
- Answering the telephone and the door in a polite and professional Manor and dealing with requests where possible, taking accurate messages and pass them on as soon as possible
- Deal with collecting, opening and dating the incoming post as and when necessary.
- Making tea / coffee etc, as requested for meeting and the like and insurers the diary management for the fee earner and conference room is kept up to date
- Keeping your work environment tidy and organised and insuring off Ireland is completed properly so that people always know where things are
- Assisting with photocopying, filing, shredding, archiving and other administrative tasks for the office as requested
- Having a good working knowledge of health and safety procedures and office procedures generally
- Being polite and courteous to clients, staff and all other visitors at all times
The ideal candidate:
- Someone who's willing to learn on the job and advance their skill set
- Some experience working in a law firm or a legal background is preferred
- Good computer skills and excellent attention to detail are required
- Good manner with clients, particularly on the telephone
- Professional manner and looks appropriate tired at all times
To apply for this role, please submit your CV or make contact with Emma Brotherton at Solsbury Solutions in Eastleigh.
Solsbury Solutions are an Employment Business working on behalf of our Clients.