My client is a very well established, family run architectural metalwork business, based in West London is looking for a junior estimator/quantity surveyor. We work with a variety of customers including film studios, architects, interior designers, hotels, restaurants, property developers and private clients. The company manufactures a wide range of decorative grilles, and high end interior metalwork, artworks, furniture and fittings for many prestigious projects at many of the country’s most recognisable venues as well as internationally.
Your role will be to:
Understand architectural drawings,
Take off requirements,
Communicate with clients and subcontractors discuss and determine finer details
Quantifying and engineering solutions to those products
Estimating the value (materials, labour, subcontractors, shipping, fitting etc.) and negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors
- Documenting workings.
- Compiling and delivering final quotation
- Helping to develop spreadsheets and procedures to further automate the estimating process.
We are looking for a driven and motivated junior estimator with relevant qualifications experience and interests. Some experience of the metalwork industry would help but training will be given on the job.
The work is interesting and varied. The products we produce are both bespoke and unique. You will be given a competitive salary and a fun place to work in a friendly atmosphere. You will have experience of pricing up jobs, responding to tenders, have good IT skills and good written / spoken English. If you have any relevant experience in a similar industry this would be highly desirable, along with cad skills.
What we would like from you:
- Degree in Quantity surveying
- Ability to read and interpret technical and architectural drawings
- Excellent client facing and communication skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office with an ability to interpret and write excel formulae
- Ability to work at speed and with accuracy under pressure
- CAD skills and experience
- Previous experience within a similar role would be highly beneficial but not essential as training will be provided.
Monday to Friday
8 am - 5:30 pm
Salary = £25,000 - £30,000