Our client are a global supply chain and logistics company, and have been a significant force in the industry for over 50 years.
Due to continued growth our client is looking for an Import Coordinator to join their team. This will be a full time, permanent role.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, enthusiastic, well organised individual with administrative and import experience.
Your role as an Import Coordinator will include:
- Ensuring you are managing all aspects of the import process
- Completing the custom procedures with total accuracy ensuring that deadlines are met both internally and those defined by customs
- Obtaining and communicating internally and externally all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met
- Managing customer issues and the ability to deal with minor issues, disputes, or complaints
- Ensuring documentation is up to date, loaded correctly and make Team Leaders aware of any issues that may arise
- Attend customer meetings and identifying areas and services the client can sell to their existing clients
- Proactively actioning duties daily and supporting the team during times of absence or holidays
- Assist with staff training and share knowledge with the team
- Working effectively to meet tight deadlines
- Work well within the team and continually improve processes
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department
To be considered for this role you must have:
- GCSE Maths and English Level 4 (Grade C) and above
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written
- Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and our client’s customers
- Adequate knowledge of CNS, Destin8, CHIEF, Datafreight and/or Ricardo
- A good understanding of the terms and endorsements of BOL’s
- Aware of how LIMA works and how SCM operate
- Good working knowledge of Home Use/CFSP/Warehousing/Bonds/T1’s/NCTS
- Understanding of incoterms and associated freight rate calculations
- Understanding of profiles and rates
- Excellent attention to detail and helpful nature
- Strong PC literacy including Word and Excel
- £21,000- £28,000 dependant on experience
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Death in Service scheme, 3x salary increasing to 6x salary if you join the pension scheme
- Access to EAP scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Range of voluntary benefits
For more information on this role and to apply, please contact Sarah at the Eastleigh office or apply directly here.
Solsbury Solutions are an Employment Agency working on behalf of their Clients.