Solsbury Solutions are working with a speciality logistics company based in Feltham. Due to expansion, our client is looking to recruit an Import Agent on a permanent basis.
The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of daily Import Operations from point of enquiry to shipment recovery.
The primary role will involve:
- Customs clearance declarations
- Specialist clearance of goods through a variety of Government bodies such as The Home Office, DEFRA, CITES etc.
- External communication with clients and service providers
- Internal communications with the network and other UK Departments.
- Close managing and monitoring of shipment specific requirements.
- Occasional collection and deliveries to freight sheds, courier facilities and other premises
- Checking and sorting consignments including dry ice checks.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions
- Compliance and client focused with attention to detail
- Flexible attitude to work
- An effective team player
- Self-motivation and a positive attitude to work
- Ability to remain calm under pressure with a high attention to detail
- Initiative and the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- A strong customer and service delivery focus
Salary - £29,776
The shift rotation will include early and late starts with weekend working.
Import customs declaration experience is essential for this position.
The hours for this role are 40 hours per week on a rotating shift basis.
If you would like to find out more about this position, please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now' and we will be in touch!
Solsbury Solutions is an equal opportunities employer