Solsbury Solutions are working with a logistics company based in Feltham. Due to expansion, our client is looking to recruit a Head of Section for Imports on a permanent basis.
Overview of Position:
- Shifts - Monday to Friday 09:00-17:30 (a flexible approach will be required as the role includes the responsibility of managing night staff)
- Based at our LHR Feltham office
- Responsible for 19 office-based staff and 17 airport drivers (consisting of days and nights)
- 20 days holiday per year
- Pension scheme after a successful 6-month probation
- Salary of £40,000.00 - £45,000.00 per annum
- Providing a high level of communication with Customs and other regulatory officials.
- Supporting the Head of Customs Compliance through enforcing training for regulatory changes relating to Imports and providing the relevant guidance for the company to perform these functions.
- Overall responsibility for the running of the Import department (day and night staff), and for its interactions with other departments within the company.
- Ensuring departmental compliance with company policy and the wishes of senior management.
- Staff recruitment and conducting disciplinary hearings when necessary.
- Administration of shift cover, holidays, overtime, sickness etc.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the daily Import Operations from point of enquiry to shipment recovery. This will include Customs Clearance and declarations to other government bodies via a variety of I.T. systems.
- Offer leadership to department members and support to those more senior in the organisation.
- Ensuring compliance with Import and Export declaration procedures and offering support to Head of Customs Compliance and Training.
- Operational performance analysis
- Reporting on issues and actions at management meetings
- CAPA preparation and support
- Specialist clearance of goods through a variety of Government regulated bodies such as The Home Office, DEFRA, CITES, Vets and I.T. systems such as TRACES and PEACH
- Customs clearance involving numerous Customs procedures through CHIEF the Customs computer and via software applications ASM Sequoia and Sigma.
- Good communication skills - verbally & written and able to delegate as appropriate
- Dependable, reliable and trustworthy
- Must possess good leadership qualities
- Ability to prioritise workload
If you would like to find out more about this position, please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now' and we will be in touch!
Solsbury Solutions is an equal opportunities employer