To manage the Group’s financial practices, ensuring financial information is timely, accurate, complete and compliant with relevant accounting and taxation principles.
Works across multiple entities with diverse operations. Manages responsibilities through a team of Finance Managers, Accountants and support staff. Work generates according to agreed business reporting and statutory timeframes. The role requires a hands-on approach with specific responsibilities for cash flow management, statutory reporting, cost analysis and reviews as well as overall responsibility for payment of VAT, Corporation tax and PAYE.
Work is self-prioritised in a structured environment with little direct supervision. Open communication channels exist within the team and with the General Manager and Group CEO, meaning that work is discussed periodically on an as-needs basis. Performance is formally reviewed monthly. Incumbent will be required to determine when and how to escalate unresolved or complex issues.
- Provide excellent leadership and management of Corporate Finance, measured by the effectiveness, engagement and business unit respect of the team.
- Build productive working relationships with stakeholders in order to understand their business operations and the financial information needs of end users.
- Manage relationships with others across the Group to achieve alignment in key business strategies and decisions.
- Manage the Group’s cash flows within available facilities, providing appropriate reporting to Directors and Executive Management.
- Manage the Group’s financial reporting obligations, with responsibility for preparation and lodgement of compliant full year and half year consolidated accounts.
- Manage the Group’s statutory taxation obligations (including Income Tax, corporation tax, PAYE and VAT), with responsibility for preparation and lodgement.
- Collaborate, design, implement and review finance systems, policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and contemporary relevant practices.
- Oversee finance systems managing transaction flows from source through interfaces to general ledger.
- Ensure finance ledgers are maintained on a timely basis, are accurate and complete, and structured for the dual purpose of providing relevant information to internal users and meeting statutory obligations.
- Ensure reporting functions and responses to ad hoc requests for financial related information are appropriately delivered.
- Preparation of annual budgets for all company entities.
- Perform the accounting function for holding company entities.
- Undertake a range of other activities within the Corporate Finance function, in conjunction with other Finance staff, such as maintenance of consolidated key finance activities (e.g. asset financing); governance/internal control activities; business administration or insurance management.
- Liaison with 3rd party Auditors, Tax Advisors and Lawyers
Generic accountabilities – team member
- Build team and individual capability, ensuring personal effectiveness for work in current and future roles.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the Corporate Finance team.
- Support team meetings at which progress against KPIs is monitored and discussed.
Generic accountabilities – every employee
- Apply sound time management judgement in relation to prioritising work and meeting deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and organisational policies.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification.
- Significant accounting experience, including recent experience in a similar level role within a commercial and/or public practice environment