Our client is seeking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our clients dedicated and busy team of grounds people. The candidate will be responsible for undertaking daily waste and recycling collections and disposals duties on site.
Duties will include;
- Carry out waste collections services
- Pushing and manoeuvring large wheeled bins on and off a trailer or into positions within a waste compound.
- Emptying litter and cigarette bins
- Operation of waste and recyclable materials compaction or baling equipment
- General campus care duties
Our client is looking for candidates who can demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, well organised and able to work well on their own and as part of a team. You will need to have a full driving licence and previous experience undertaking waste management duties is desirable.
You will also be expected to work flexibly, including working some weekend events, in order to meet the needs of the services.
Qualifications/ Skills and abilities
- Must have a full UK License.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well organised
- Ability to work well in a team context and also unsupervised.
- Willingness and ability to become familiar with work guidelines
- Strong health and safety awareness.