We are currently recruiting for a General Manager for a very well-established, market leading decorative interior metalwork company.
Established in 1881, our client manufacture and supply high quality grilles and decorative metalwork to architects, interior designers, the construction industries and private clients.
A General Manager is required to take charge of all production, estimation and logistics. There are experienced staff in place to assist logistics and estimation, however, an overall manager for the site is needed.
- Communicate effectively with key clients in a wide range of industries - from architects and interior designers to home owners and contractors.
- Review clients’ enquiries to determine and interpret their requirements from architects’ drawings, construction packages, sketches, and written and verbal descriptions. Establish what is important and provide them with practical solutions that fulfil requirements through our standard processes.
- Consider all details, materials, components, processes, labour and timescales involved in each project.
- Obtain, calculate and compile costs and send accurate quotations on time. Follow them up to convert them into sales.
- Plan projects with precision to ensure our high-quality products are made accurately and on time, whilst maximising profit for the company.
- Co-ordinate office/admin staff, workshop staff, subcontractors and occasionally site inspectors and fitters around the estimating and production schedules to ensure estimation, sales and production run smoothly from the start to the finish of every order and project.
- Manage the production of multiple projects concurrently, including small orders placed online and larger bespoke projects for public buildings.
- Motivate & monitor staff to ensure strict deadlines are met and productivity remains at the highest level.
- Analyse the effectiveness of our production methods and ordering processes to define and implement improvements to ensure production is as lean and effective as it can be, and always improving.
- Maintain high production and quality control standards
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Liaise with the director and other offsite administrations staff on updates to policy and processes, requests for information, the implementation of new systems and software, the introduction of new products and other efficiency and growth-related projects.
Daily & Weekly Tasks
- Responding in a professional and timely manner to new business enquiries whether by email, telephone or from walk-in clients.
- Assigning new enquiries to yourself, your estimating assistant and admin staff to ensure all are dealt with promptly.
- Liaising with stockists and subcontractors to obtain quotes for materials and fabricated components.
- Chasing for responses, collections and deliveries from clients, stockists and subcontractors.
- Maintaining a firm grip on all aspects of production
- Following up quotes by telephone / email with our clients to encourage sales
- Organising the drawing of jobs in CAD
- Ensuring our quote and sales targets are met
- Conducting regular meetings with the office and the workshop to discuss upcoming jobs and requirements, head off any issues and ensure smooth workflow.
- Chasing enquiries and orders placed with subcontractors.
- Organising samples
- Programming the production schedule and regularly liaising with our workshop staff (outside meetings) to ensure orders are produced accurately and on time.
- Planning ahead to ensure production issues are resolved before they happen
- Working with our external Consultant to ensure that we meet all our Health & Safety, Fire and Environmental obligations
- Ensuring that all employees share the responsibility of keeping their working environment clear, tidy and safe
- Dealing with customer issues in a timely and professional manner
- Recruiting new staff for roles in the office and workshop
- Managing staff issues and discipline.
- Arranging site visits and site fitting work
- Keeping our database of suppliers updated
- Dealing with enquiries from the media
- Organising maintenance work to machinery and premises
- Maintaining optimum stock levels.
- Experience in manufacturing and production
- Experience in a management / supervisory capacity
- Experience with various manufacturing operations, stock management, and logistics
- Proven track record of managing and training employees in productivity and safety
- Strong personality with effective communication, organisational, influencing and people-management skills
- Strong business/commercial acumen
- Experience in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing methodologies and principles
- Excellent knowledge of production management, tools and techniques
- Cad skills – not essential
- Full training will be provided.
For more information please contact Shammi on 02089823580 or send us your CV now.
Solsbury Solutions are an equal opportunities employer working on behalf of our clients.