£30,000.00 per annum depending on experience, with regular salary reviews (i.e. 6 months to yearly)
Freight Forwarding Supervisor
Do you have import and/or export experience?
Maybe you are currently working for a shipping line or freight forwarder but looking to move to a smaller company and can have a real impact, grow your career with the company as it grows.
- As a Freight Forwarding Supervisor you will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the operations department of 2 people
- Dealing with month end sales
- Completion of customs import declarations
- Making financial decisions in the absence of the Managing Director
- Being involved in meetings with carriers, courier companies and the like
- Managing the whole shipping process from start to finish
- Quoting clients
- Booking shipments using our in-house freight software
- Arranging documentation and ensuring Customs procedures are completed
- Following shipments to ensure goods get delivered safely and on time
- Focus on maximum customer satisfaction
- Administrative tasks in Operations
- Expected to receive and reply to emails outside of office hours (within reason)
This is truly an interesting and sometimes challenging role where no two days are the same. We are a small close team looking to grow the business and having the right candidate to help push us forward.
- Must have supervisory experience
- Knowledge of either Imports or Exports via any mode
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in forwarding
- Confident in Communication
- Positive Personality
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Multi-tasking a must
Benefits to include
- 20 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Company workplace pension
- Work mobile and laptop provided after 3-month probation period
- Parking on site
For more information on this role and to apply, please contact Emma at the Eastleigh office or apply directly here.
Solsbury Solutions are an Employment Agency working on behalf of our Clients.