Reporting to the Managing Director and Operations Director, the successful Finance Manager will provide senior-level financial and commercial support to the board.
The ability to liaise with both internal and external customers is essential as is a proficiency in Sage and Excel.
You will be an excellent communicator at all levels and will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve issues, competent at analysing statistics to impact on strategy.
Applicants will be subject to a full security vetting check.
- Working to improve company KPI’s relating to financial controls and reporting to the business on variances to budgets and forecasts
- Complete month end closure accurately
- Management of banking and processes with reporting to the ops team
- Assist with annual budgeting, liaising with management
- Calculate and advise on P&L. Review P&L & balance sheet to ensure accuracy of submitted figures
- Manage and assist with monthly payroll and pension submissions
- Set up new projects on SAGE 50 Accounts, including budgets, and update as required
- Calculate VAT submissions
- Prepare accurate and timely management accounts
- Undertake regular cash flow forecasts, advising the MD accordingly
- Preparation and development of commercial financial analysis, to support the wider business
- Ensure all journal entries are prepared correctly, posted and approved i.e. payroll, accruals, prepayments, accrued revenue, deferred income
- Proactively analyse trends in revenue to provide narrative updates
- Process purchase invoices and raise sales invoices using SAGE 50 Accounts
- Day-to-day management of the Finance Assistant
- The provision of reports, analysis and commentary against monthly, quarterly and annual performance
- Creating and maintaining an appropriate financial control framework
- Support the plan process and provision of other annual and ad hoc reports to ensure actual performance remains aligned with broader business strategy
- Supports and produces the relevant budgetary information
- Provides analysis monthly to Managing Director to include revenue trends and profitability
- Identifies potential risks within the business and provides necessary solutions to mitigate the risks
- Provides insight and analysis to drive efficiencies and identify value enhancing opportunities
- Attend monthly operations and work in progress meetings
- Experience of both financial and management accounting
- Understanding of service sector business and managed service providers
- Ability to work in a stand-alone role
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA). Min 4 years PQE
What are we offering?
- Salary to £40 -£50k
- Bonus Scheme
- Life Insurance
- 48 hours per week Mon - Fri
The job’s working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Service industry sector
- The role is based in High Barnet, just a short walk from London Underground
- Strong growing organisation
- Well established processes and systems
- Good hand-over and in-depth training on systems with current job holder
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for the role.
If you would like to find out more about this position, please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now' and we will be in touch!
Solsbury Solutions is an equal opportunities employer