As a Facilities managers you will be involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations.
Areas of responsibility include - machinery maintenance, building and grounds maintenance, utilities and communications infrastructure, health and safety, security and cleaning.
- Supervising and co-ordinating the work of contractors.
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
- Directing, co-ordinating and planning essential central services such as security, maintenance, mail, archiving, waste disposal and recycling.
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation.
- Keeping staff safe.
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Good practical and technical skills.
- Communication skills.
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure.
- The ability to manage a varied workload.
- Good problem-solving skills and analytical.
- The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team.
- An awareness of health and safety legislation.
Health & Safety:
- All staff are required to use energy resources efficiently and sparingly.
- Recycle waste where appropriate and to stop or report any wasteful practices.