A Data Centre Systems Engineer is required to work in the data centre. This is a key hub in the business and handles over 2.5 million loyalty transactions from 5 countries and 100 million payment transactions each year.
Key role and responsibilities for this role:
- Maintain, administer and continually improve all areas of the Data Centre hosted platforms including security, monitoring, automation, patching and backup strategies.
- Deploy and support HTEC developed applications, web and SQL solutions.
- Provide infrastructure support for solution implementation projects.
- Ensure security and system standards are maintained and developed.
- Join the out of hour on call support rota (approx. 1 in 5 weeks)
- Support of datacentre facilities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years working in a medium to large IT environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, strategic planning, and logical approach to problem solving.
- Strong oral, written communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with working on multiple Microsoft Active Directory environments.
- Microsoft Windows Server configuration and administration including 2008 and 2012.
- Flexible working approach and willing to work outside of normal business hours, including the data centre on-call rota.
- Qualifications (one of):
- 'A' level in a computing or numerate-related discipline (or equivalent)
- Degree or diploma in a computing or numerate-related discipline (or equivalent)
- Microsoft certification in relevant discipline. For example MCSA, MCP.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Microsoft PowerShell / Scripting / Automation techniques.
- Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Microsoft System Centre (for example SCCM)
- Storage Area Networks
- Experience of ITIL and PCI environments
- Experience in large, complex system implementation projects
- Understanding of SQL Server, High Availability and Business Continuity
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of technical, functional and management staff including the willingness to act as mentor when required
- Experience with T-SQL
Salary - up to £35,000 (depending on experience)
The role is a full-time, 37.5 hours per week position.
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for the role.
If you would like to find out more about this position, please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now' and we will be in touch!
Solsbury Solutions is an equal opportunities employer