Our client is looking for a caretaker to join their Estate Service Team to provide high standard of services to their housing properties and development. The caretaker team deliver a cleaning and caretaking service to a wide range of properties on a weekly basis, including relief cover for our Residential Caretaker team.
Ensuring a high quality cleaning and caretaker service is provided to all properties, and they are kept in a clean, tidy, safe, secure and in good condition
- Sweeping external communal areas and ensuring these areas are free from obstruction, litter, leaves, etc.
- Picking up litter from communal gardens
- Sweeping, washing and disinfecting refuse areas and bins
- Sweeping and washing, vacuuming or polishing floors to all communal stairways, hallways, landings and ensuring that these areas are kept free from obstruction.
- Dusting, wiping, polishing handrails, balustrades, skirting and ledges
- To clean all communal glazed areas internally and externally which are within reach by complying with health and safety standards.
- To clean all communal light fittings (within reach).
- To remove any graffiti immediately, reporting if there are any difficulties in achieving this.
- Laying salt/sand on pathways promptly when icy conditions are forecast and to clear away ice and snow promptly from pathway
Helping improve and manage the communal areas of our properties by
- Reporting dumped items, items stored in communal areas
- Reporting communal repairs
- Reporting incidents of anti-social behaviour or nuisance
- Advising tenants how to report repairs
- Keeping records and logs as required
- Inspecting any play equipment on a regular basis and report any repairs/or breakages promptly to ensure the equipment is safe.
- To maintain an inventory of all equipment/cleaning products
- Reporting accidents in the accident report book
- Participating in communal site Inspections
- Providing assistance and advice to tenants/residents and to report any support needs to the Housing Management Team.
- To ensure all health and safety practices are followed in line with the companies policies and procedures, and that all work is carried out safely.
- To work flexibly at a large number of different sites as required.
- Working closely with Team colleagues to deliver excellent Customer Service
- Work to maintain highest levels of satisfaction from customers
Skills, knowledge and aptitudes:
- Able to lift and carry large / heavy items
- Able to climb stairs / carry out physical tasks on a daily basis
- Able to work out of office hours as required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Clean, Full, Valid UK driving licence an advantage
Shift times -
8am till 4pm
9am till 5pm