We are looking for an experienced Caretaker to join a leading not-for-profit organisation offering social housing & care services for vulnerable members of the community.
About the company:
Our client is a non-profit organisation who is passionate about providing thousands of people with affordable homes in inner London.
About the role:
You will join a team and help in the delivery of cleaning and caretaking to a wide range of company properties on a weekly basis. This will include covering for the Residential Caretaker team.
- Willing to listen and understand others
- Maintain credibility in your role and the company
- Support others and gain trust
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Creative and able to deliver practical solutions
- Flexible in meeting other people's needs
- Willing to examine own values, principles and assumptions
- Able to learn and develop from own experiences
- Well organised, copes well under pressure, takes ownership, pro-active and goal focused.
- Transparent and open, keeps others informed, takes action and is sensitive to people’s needs.
Ensure all properties are maintained to a high standard by carrying all tasks as specified/required, including:
- Sweeping external communal areas and ensuring these areas are free from obstruction, litter, leaves, etc.
- Picking up litter from communal gardens
- Sweeping, washing and disinfecting refuse areas and bins
- Sweeping and washing, vacuuming or polishing floors to all communal stairways, hallways, landings and ensuring that these areas are kept free from obstruction.
Helping improve and manage the communal areas of our properties by:
- Reporting dumped items and those stored in communal areas
- Reporting communal repairs
- Reporting incidents of anti-social behaviour or nuisance
- Advising tenants on how to report repairs
- Keeping records and logs as required
- Inspecting any play equipment on a regular basis and report any repairs/or breakages promptly to ensure the equipment is safe.
Maintaining high standards of communication by;
- Working with colleagues to answer queries
- Responding to all telephone messages and emails in line with company’s service standards
- Provide a positive image of the Estate Services team
- To ensure all health and safety practices are followed in line with company’s policies and procedures, and that all work is carried out safely.
- To work flexibly at a large number of different sites as required.
Experience of basic cleaning and caretaking tasks
- Use of cleaning products and equipment
- Experience of dealing with the public
- Experience of working within the social housing sector
Location: Different locations
- Able to lift and carry large / heavy items
- Able to climb stairs / carry out physical tasks on a daily basis
- Able to work out of office hours as required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Clean, Full, Valid UK driving licence
- DBS check required