We are looking for an experienced Caretaker to join the leading not-for-profit organisation offering social housing & care services for vulnerable members of the community.
About the company;
Our client is a non-profit organisation who is passionate about providing thousands of people with affordable homes in inner London.
About the role;
The Caretaker will join the team to deliver a cleaning and care taking service to a wide range of company properties on a weekly basis, including relief cover for our Residential Caretaker team.
- Willing to listen and understand others and maintain credibility in your role and for company
- Support others and gains trust, positive and enthusiastic
- Creative, delivers practical solutions, and flexible to meet others needs
- Willing to examine own values, principles and assumptions.
- Learns from own experiences
- Well organised, copes well under pressure, takes ownership, pro-active and goal focused.
- Transparent and open, keeps others informed, takes action and is sensitive to people's needs.
Ensure all properties are maintained to a high standard by carrying all tasks as specified/required, including:
- Sweeping external communal areas and ensuring these areas are free from obstruction, litter, leaves, etc.
- Picking up litter from communal gardens
- Sweeping, washing and disinfecting refuse areas and bins.
- Sweeping and washing, vacuuming or polishing floors to all communal stairways, hallways, landings and ensuring that these areas are kept free from obstruction.
- Helping improve and manage the communal areas of our properties by:
- Reporting dumped items, items stored in communal areas
- Reporting communal repairs
- Reporting incidents of anti-social behaviour or nuisance
- Advising tenants how to report repairs
- Keeping records and logs as required
- Inspecting any play equipment on a regular basis and report any repairs/or breakages promptly to ensure the equipment is safe.
- Maintaining high standards of communication by;
- Working with colleagues to answer queries
- Responding to all telephone messages and emails in line with company's service standards
- Provide a positive image of the Estate Services team
- To ensure all health and safety practices are followed in line with company's policies and procedures, and that all work is carried out safely.
- To work flexibly at a large number of different sites as required.
- Experience of basic cleaning and care taking tasks
- Use of cleaning products and equipment
- Experience of dealing with the public
- Experience of working within the social housing sector
- Able to lift and carry large/heavy items
- Able to climb stairs/carry out physical tasks on a daily basis
- Able to work out of office hours as required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
They offer AD Hoc Shifts/ Assignments (As and when they need someone)
Monday to Friday