Part time (Brach Support)
Branch / General Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To operate and develop the storage centre in the most efficient and cost-effective way, and in line with company policy and procedures.
£25K (pro rata)
Saturday (9-4), Monday & Tuesday (8.30 – 5.30)
Saturday + 18 hours (weekday TBD, flexible)
(plus additional holiday / sickness cover where applicable
Business and Technical skills:
- Handle Customer enquiries on the telephone and respond to personal callers at the centre. Recording enquiries withing the company CRM program.
- Show units at the storage centre to prospective customers.
- Make customer reservations.
- Apply good business practice in day-to-day management of the Centre.
- Follow company standard arrangements that provide for the efficient administration of the centre, so that the company systems and procedures are fully understood and always adhered to.
- Use SpaceManager (training provided) and Outlook for electronic administration tasks and follow company policy procedures when using the computer.
For all customers:
- Complete contracts and customer certificates of insurance.
- Maintain accurate records on occupancy (units taken, units available, income generated) and customer payments (taken and overdue)
- Achieve and maintain the highest Storage Centre operational standards.
- Organise and ensure appropriate recording control and handling of all cash and other receipts via credit card or Worldpay portal in strict compliance with Company procedures.
- Ensure that the Centre premises and other assets are maintained in good physical condition by:
- Ensuring that all areas (including grounds and gardens) are clean and presentable at all times.
- Arranging any necessary property repairs, improvements or alterations through the appropriate management channel.
- Acting as ‘handyman’ for any minor maintenance jobs.
- Ensure the physical security of premises and other assets are appropriately maintained at all times.
- Supervise regular checks of all general and emergency equipment used by employees and customers.
- Inform line Management of any actual or likely security or health and security problems that require attention or assistance.
- Introduce safe system practices and methods of work, organise control of both staff and premises to ensure provision of a safe, clean and healthy environment for staff, customers and other visitors to the centre.
- Comply and promote the adherence of our GDPR policy.
- Maintain a successful working relationship with colleagues by:
- Co-operating with other staff and supporting them by sharing knowledge and information wherever possible
- Co-operating with maintenance staff and contractors when on site.
Communication with Customers
- Act in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
Approach to work
- Willingness to undertake duties and tasks, In-house or external training, as required by the Management.
- Adaptability and dependability.
Place of work, hours of work, days of work, holiday entitlement
- The position is based Bursledon (Southampton) facilities but on occasions you may be required to work at another centre location.
- Saturday (9-4), Monday & Tuesday (8.30 – 5.30)
- OR Saturday + 18 hours (weekday TBD, flexible) (plus additional holiday / sickness cover where applicable
- Your joining holiday entitlement is 20 days a year (pro rata)
Solsbury Solutions are an Employment Business working on behalf of our clients