Are you experienced in using a range of Microsoft Operating systems? Do you have a basic understanding of Network infrastructure? If you can answer YES – this may be the opportunity for you!
Solsbury Solutions are working in partnership with one of Southampton’s most innovative and forward-thinking organisations to recruit experienced 1st Line Technical Support staff.
- You will be the first point of contact for all calls; It is your responsibility to ensure that calls are answered within the KPIs. Issues are logged both by email and telephone, and B2B for all customers. You will need to follow the basic processes and diagnostics (1st fixes) to establish the exact problem on site and where possible take call to resolution within agreed SLAs
- You will be responsible for escalating issues according to the escalation process and ensuring the right people are aware of any issues that need attention
- You will be expected to Log & update all calls on the call management system (Metro) and in some cases certain third-party systems (e.g Verisae). It will be your responsibility to ensure that the call management systems are up to date with all necessary relevant information
- You are expected to provide software support using Remote Control/Access systems, following basic processes and diagnostics to establish the exact problem on site and implement fixes. This includes providing Technical support for both engineers and third-party engineers on site and escalating to 2nd Line when necessary.
- You will be expected to represent the company in a professional manner when discussing issues with the customer and in some cases third party companies ensuring you leave them confident in your ability to provide the support required.
- You will be expected to notify specific company management and the Customer management team via email using the agreed escalation procedure for all high-level issues, with regular updates when requested (or necessary) as per procedure.
- You will ensure that all system alerts are dealt with in a proactive manner and will be expected to provide support to the Operations Team & Service Desk Administrator when necessary.
- You will be required to assist with the Implementation of new software, hardware releases and adhoc rollouts as part of a team, ensuring that procedures are followed, and installations checked.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience using:
- Windows Operating System ranging from 2000 – Windows 7
- Network infrastructure
- Borland & SQL
- Visual Basics and C#
- Microsoft office
- Remote Connections
- Oral and written communication skills
- NVQ1/GCSEs and above (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Problem analysis/problem solving
- Good Timekeeping
- Attention to detail
- Working in a very pressurized environment
- Understanding of SLAs and KPIs
- Computer Literate
- Full-time opportunity
- 12 hour shifts between the hours of 6am – 11pm
- 4 days on/4 days off rota
- Occasional night shift cover may also be required
For more information, please contact Kimberley today on 02380 002315.
Solsbury Solutions are an equal opportunities employer working on behalf of their clients.